Monmouthshire Building Society Charitable Foundation was founded in 2000 to support local organisations and charities in South Wales and the South West of England.
The Society provides funding to the Charitable Foundation, but the Foundation operates independently from the Society through a Board of Trustees. The Trustees give up their own time in running the Charitable Foundation and are not paid for the work they do.
Since 2000, the Charitable Foundation has contributed over £200,000 to more than 300 local charities and organisations.
Applying for Funding from the Charitable Foundation
- The Charitable Foundation will only accept applications from organisations that are located in the following postcodes: NP, CF, SA 1-13, HR1 1, HR1 2, HR2, HR4 0, HR4 9, HR9, LD3, GL 14-16 and BS 20-21.
- The Charitable Foundation will not normally consider requests from nationally based organisations or local groups affiliated to such organisations.
- The Charitable Foundation limits its support to organisations and groups (including registered charities) and will not consider applications to support an individual’s activities or a private commercial enterprise.
- To support as many charities and organisations as possible, the Charitable Foundation will show preference to groups requesting part-funding and smaller donations under £1,000 in value. However, one major cause will be chosen for support each year up to a maximum value of £5,000.
- The Foundation will rarely consider requests to fund the running costs of an organisation and prefers to support the purchase of tangible, non-consumable items. (Running costs would include travel costs, salaries, training, hire and accommodation costs. Consumable items would include food, fuel, printing, stationery and ink cartridges).
- Funding to improve the fabric of any building will only be considered if the building is wholly owned by the organisation applying for funding.
- Funds cannot be provided for goods already purchased prior to any award being granted.
- The Foundation normally offers funding on the basis that the project/purchase will be completed within a three month period from the date the grant is awarded. Therefore, applications for projects which involve long-term funding are unlikely to be successful. Successful applicants are advised that they are unable to apply for further funding for a period of 3 years.
- You don’t need to be a member of the Society to apply for funding.
How to apply:
To apply for funding, please complete the application form and return it to the Charitable Foundation;
By email: email@example.com
By post (with correct postage):
The Secretary - MBS Charitable Foundation
Monmouthshire Building Society
John Frost Square
When to apply:
All applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis and must be received by the following dates:
- 8th March for the March meeting
- 7th June for the June meeting
- 6th September for the September meeting
- 22nd November for the December meeting
The outcome of your application will be sent to you in writing within one month of the meeting date.